- A Level, IB, GCSE, IGCSE tuition in Maths and Further Maths
- All A Level exam boards covered including Edexcel, AQA, OCR, OCR (MEI), Cambridge and WJEC
- One to one lessons tailored to the individual
- Oxbridge preparation including MAT, PAT, STEP, TMUA, CTMUA, ECAA and NSAA
- Uni preparation for maths including personal statements, extension work and interview practice
- Maths Challenge and Maths Olympiad preparation
- University of Oxford Maths Graduate
- QTS / PGCE in Secondary Maths with over 10 years teaching experience
- Teacher at Loughborough High School for 6 years
- Full time private tutor since 2018
- A Level and GCSE examiner
When you meet new people and they ask you what you do, the answer of “teacher” is often then met with “what do you teach?”. I always want to respond to this with “people” as to me this is the most important thing as a teacher. It is not the topic that it is being taught or even the subject that is most important, it is the person that you are teaching it to. I focus on the way that a pupil learns, their interests and their pace of learning.
My main strength is in breaking down maths into easy to understand chunks and presenting it in a manner which is understandable to the particular pupil, following Skinner’s belief that you can teach anything to anyone as long as it is presented in the right way.
One year 13 further maths pupil once asked at the end of the course why I, as one of the best mathematicians in the school, had only taught them all the easy topics. One of her class mates spluttered, laughed and said, “she hasn`t, it`s actually been all the hard stuff, she just makes it seem really simple!