- IGCSE and KS3 small group classes for Home Educated students
- IGCSE and KS3 video courses
- A Level small group classes coming in September 2022
- A Level tuition
- Specialist support for students with SEN
- PhD and Masters in Chemistry (University of Cambridge)
- PGCE and Masters in Education (University of Cambridge)
- QTS with nearly 15 years of teaching experience
- Former Head of Chemistry in UK schools
- Online Chemistry Educator for 3 years
- A Level and GCSE examiner
- Enhanced DBS check
I am passionate about teaching Chemistry and giving students belief in their ability to succeed. My focus is providing high quality interactive group classes and video courses for Home Educated students. Chemistry is a conceptually challenging subject. Without specialist teaching, it is difficult for students to develop the in-depth understanding, data analysis skills and exam technique that are needed to access the top grades. Many of the students that I work with have additional learning needs, or anxieties associated with education.
I have developed my academically rigorous courses to enable all students to maximise their attainment. I provide work-book style notes to accompany each session, follow up work and regular class quizzes with feedback. At KS3 there is often practical work to carry out between sessions, focussed on building deeper understanding and investigative skills. At IGCSE there are videos of the core practicals, regular exam question practice, end of topic tests and mock exams. I specialise in breaking down difficult concepts and building understanding through engaging classes with lots of activities. I am a strong believer in the importance of strong relationships with home to help my students to flourish.
Please visit my website to find out more.