- A Level, GCSE and IGCSE tuition in Biology
- GCSE and IGCSE tuition in Chemistry
- GCSE tuition in Combined Science
- Common Entrance and Scholarship preparation at 13+
- Science tuition between the ages of 11 -14
- Small group tuition by arrangement
- Full enhanced DBS check
- BSc. Honours in Biology and Chemistry from University of Manchester
- QTS / PGCE with over 25 years teaching experience
- MA in Educational Leadership from University of Leicester
- Former Head of Science
- Principal A level Examiner
- Part time private tutor since 2017
I have over twenty-five years’ experience of teaching Biology, Chemistry and Combined Science in high achieving schools in the maintained and independent sector in the UK, with a proven record of results. I held several senior school management roles until 2017, when I took early retirement from full time teaching. I now teach online where I can nurture students into successful, confident and resilient young people who enjoy Science.
My role as a Principal Examiner for one of the major awarding bodies has inevitably impacted in a very positive way on my own professional practice. I take great pride in preparing fun and engaging tuition sessions for students who have struggled with the Sciences and found concepts difficult to understand. I use interactive teaching methods and many worked examples from past examination papers to build confidence, understanding and challenge.
When I’m not tutoring, regular daily long walks with my dog keep me active and I particularly enjoy gardening, reading, photography and improving my stained-glass window making skills.
Please visit my website to find out more and read some testimonials.
© Society of Tutors 2022