- GCSE, IGCSE, A level, IB tuition in English Literature and English Language, individually and as a joint subject
- Exam boards including AQA, Edexcel, Cambridge International, Edexcel International, OCR and others
- ELAT preparation (Oxbridge entrance)
- Personal statement reviews and editing for university entrance
- Personal essay writing and UKiSet preparation for 16+ school entry
- CV & covering letter development for internship and job applications
- training in PR and communications for business
- Cambridge English Literature MA
- PGCE Institute of Education (now UCL)
- Hi-tech PR career 20+ years working for industry giants like IBM, Microsoft, Hitachi as well as for the smallest start up
- Non-exec director of EquiTrace, early stage app company
- PR director The 401 Challenge fund raiser secured £300K for anti-bullying work in schools
I get a real kick out of helping students achieve great results. My approach is pragmatic and goal-oriented.
I know that pressure can damage as well as improve performance, so I am always looking for ways for students to build on their strengths and develop confidence as well as a practical attitude to their exams to reduce the stress.
The ability to express themselves well in written English is vital to every subject that the students study, not just for the English GCSEs. English Literature, particularly at A level, benefits from a broad cultural knowledge of history, classical mythology and genre development over time which students, understandably, don’t have. I can give them enough to increase their enjoyment of the subject as well improving performance.
© Society of Tutors 2022