- One-to-one lessons (face-to-face and online)
- A level and GCSE Maths and Further Maths
- A level and GCSE Physics
- Support for the mathematical elements of undergraduate degrees (e.g. Economics, Business Studies)
- Advice and guidance on UCAS, personal statements and Oxbridge admission
- I have been teaching for 30 years
- I have worked as a tutor for 15 years; teaching nearly 13,000 lessons to over 400 students
- Former classroom teacher and head of department at top schools, including Charterhouse in Surrey and Phillips Exeter Academy in the USA
- Former examiner for Edexcel
- Author of “Writing Your UCAS Personal Statement”
- MA from Trinity College, Cambridge (Kitchener Scholar and Philpott Prizewinner) and BSc from the Open University (winner of the Leslie Walshaw Award for being the highest scoring student in Yorkshire)
My focus is on achieving high grades through understanding the material. I tailor my approach to each student, depending on their individual needs and interests. I believe in making the subject as simple and enjoyable as possible. I am enthusiastic, friendly and approachable. I really want my students to succeed and I’m very happy to be contacted for help outside of their lesson time.
It is not enough simply to do well at school, of course: students need to be given the tools to succeed at university and beyond. To that end I take a very full interest in my tutees’ education generally. As one recently put it, I am “so much more than just a maths tutor”. For example, I give guidance and support with university entrance, including the UCAS personal statement, applying to Oxford and Cambridge, entrance tests and interview preparation, and I have personal experience of working in both the legal and accounting professions.
© Society of Tutors 2022