- GCSE and A Level One to One Tuition
- Small Private Group Tuition
- Maths and Science online courses
- 11+ Preparation
- GAMSAT Preparation
- 13,000+ hours of 1:1 tuition delivered
- 25 years of tutoring experience
- Long track record of student successes, including entrance to Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard and other top academic institutions
- PhD in Physics from Cambridge University
Raised in a deprived part of Manchester, it may surprise you to know that I wasn’t a natural academic. I had to re-sit some of my GCSEs in order to move on to A Levels. It was around this time that I was fortunate to have an inspirational Physics teacher who helped to set me on a new trajectory; such is the power of great teaching!
Having completed my A Levels, I read Physics at Manchester University, before winning a place at Cambridge, where I did my PhD. It was whilst at university that I first began tutoring, gaining invaluable experience teaching students from 11+ to undergraduates.
After Cambridge, I worked for a hedge fund. After 3 years, I decided it wasn’t for me, but I wasn’t sure what it was I really wanted to do. I’d been aware of something nagging at me and after several new career directions, the realisation hit me.
I’d never been happier in my work than when I was tutoring, the most enjoyable and satisfying role I could imagine doing.
And so began the journey from fledgling private tutor to now, where I’m considered the ‘go to’ private Maths & Science tutor in Islington.
© Society of Tutors 2022