- BSc(HONS) in Biochemistry, PGCE and Qualified teacher status (QTS) (1994) Enhanced DBS, annually updated
- Experienced KS3, KS4 (GCSE/IGCSE) KS5 (AS and A level) and current A level examiner
- Former KS4 Head of Year
- Vast experience of teaching Chemistry in both UK and International schools
- Highly sought-after and oversubscribed online Chemistry tutor for AQA, CIE, Edexcel and OCR A
- Chemistry lessons are all syllabus specific and thoroughly prepared in advance with a video course to back up lessons
- Both 1-to-1 and group lessons available
- Chemistry theory all thoroughly taught using unique explanations and analogies
- Trusted, patient and professional tutor
- Boosts student confidence and helps get them to university
- Exam techniques taught in order to help achieve the highest possible grades
- Tried, tested and trusted by thousands of parents and students from all over the world
I am an enthusiastic and dedicated chemistry tutor. I graduated from Queen’s University Belfast in 1993, with a degree in Biochemistry. I went on to obtain a PGCE qualification, giving me Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
After teaching in the UK for 3 years, I went to the Middle East to teach in a top international school, which follows the British curriculum and prepares students for the Cambridge International Examinations. During my time abroad, I also carried out thousands of hours of private tuition. I became very well known as a tutor who helped students achieve top grades. The ability to do this is borne out of experience and dedication, and from working in an environment where top grades are expected. I believe that, unless a teacher has taught in a very academic school, where many students achieve A* grades, it can be exceedingly difficult for them to know what is required. The style of teaching that I have developed over nearly 3 decades will undoubtedly help students to access the top grades they require.
My online tuition business has gone from strength to strength. I have many testimonials on my website which reflect the satisfaction of parents and students.
© Society of Tutors 2022