- 10+ years tutoring experience
- Qualified teacher
- Senior Examiner for leading exam board
- BA (Hons) Philosophy, University of Leeds
- Offers a range of electronic resources: notes, revision guides, sample essays and extra readings
- Track record of improving students’ marks by at least 2 grade boundaries
- Awarded ‘Best Online Service’ by TTLN 2020 Business Awards
- Regular tuition, essay marking, exam technique and intensive courses available
I love being a tutor for two reasons. Firstly, I am passionate about the benefits of studying Philosophy and Religion. Both subjects teach students to be inquisitive, solve problems and respect other people’s world views. The course helps them develop their own values and learn that there isn’t one ‘right’ answer but many. Secondly, it is a real joy to watch students’ confidence grow and their marks improve as they cultivate their analytical skills. My students have gone on to study at Oxbridge and Yale, work in America with Hilary Clinton, work to improve prison policies, train to become doctors and work in the charity sector.
My extensive examining experience gives me an insight into how students can best approach exams: how to answer questions to maximise marks, common student misunderstandings and timekeeping. I can help students with planning essays, improving their critical analysis and evaluation, revision techniques, note taking and application of ethical theories. I created my own range of resources to provide students with complete notes, essay guides, mock exams and revision checklists. Feedback from students consistently describes me as knowledgeable, friendly and able to breakdown and explain topics so that students can grasp the often complex material.
© Society of Tutors 2022