- History – Common Entrance (13+), GCSE, IGCSE and A level
- English Language & Literature – Key Stage 2, 11+, Common Entrance (13+), GCSE, IGCSE
- Scholarship exam preparation for English, History and Divinity/TPR
- 13+ interview preparation.
- 11+ Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
- QTS/PGCE with almost twenty years of teaching and tutoring experience
- Experience teaching at primary, secondary and further education settings
- Principal Examiner for A-level History for a major UK exam board
- Senior Examiner for GCSE History
- Examiner for IGCSE and IAS level History
- BA (Hons) History from the University of Nottingham
History is a fundamentally important subject which helps us to understand the world around us, asking why things happen and what the consequences of our actions are. History also develops empathy, as we look at the lives of people in the past and realise that, whilst culture, technology and political systems may change, people remain the same wherever and whenever they live.
My aims are to develop students’ love of the subjects I teach, to help them to succeed in exams, but also for them to grow in confidence. My students achieve well in exams such as GCSEs and A levels and have also gained entry and scholarships at many leading UK and international schools including Eton, Harrow, Winchester and Tonbridge. I pride myself on producing bespoke, well-planned lessons which are tailored to my students’ needs.
© Society of Tutors 2022