- Music – GCSE, IGCSE and A level
- ABRSM Grade 5 Music Theory (required to progress to ABRSM Grade 6 Practical Exams)
- Starter composition courses using Music Technology
- Trombone lessons up to Grade 8
- Piano lessons up to Grade 5
- Beginner ukulele lessons
- 11+ Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning and Maths
- PGCE in Music from the University of Cambridge
- BA (Hons) Music from the University of Nottingham
- QTS with over twenty years of teaching and tutoring experience
- Currently Head of Music at a secondary school in Yorkshire
My main instrument is trombone, and I was taught by the late Adrian Morris – bass trombonist with the Ulster Orchestra and the Hallé Orchestra, Manchester. I have performed with orchestras, big bands, chamber groups and notably with jazz pianist Darius Brubeck. I have performed throughout the UK, Czech Republic and Germany. I have also performed alongside King’s College Choir at the Royal Albert Hall. I directed a choir at a Cambridge University college and at 23 I was the youngest male voice choir director in the UK. I also play a variety of instruments including piano, acoustic guitar and ukulele.
In my role of Head of Music I have created engaging and progressive schemes of learning at Key Stage 3 in preparation for GCSE Music and for further study at A Level. I direct several ensembles at school and create bespoke arrangements for these groups. As a tutor I have taught students for Music A Level and have a 100% success rate tutoring Grade 5 Music Theory to small groups and individuals. I have also taught trombone, piano, trumpet and euphonium. Having achieved Grade A in A Level Maths I have also tutored Maths at GCSE Foundation Level.
© Society of Tutors 2022